Wessex GRP Side Hinged Garage Doors
Wessex Woodgrain G.R.P side hinged doors faithfully replicate the beauty and ageless appeal of real timber but offer the time and labour saving benefits of a modern low maintenance finish. These garage doors require no staining or painting and their outstanding stability ensures that, unlike timber, they will not warp, shrink, peel or crack.
Styles are generally available as centre opening, with selection of designs also available with a 2/3: 1/3 split opening - a particularly popular choice when the garage door is also regularly used for pedestrian entry to the garage.
Side hinged doors are also ideal for locations where obstructions are present within the garage, preventing the installation of Up & Over, sectional or roller doors. Many garages have shelving, gas pipes, meters and other obstacles often very expensive to move.
All doors feature all-round edge protection with a polymer strip in a complementary flat colour to the chosen door colour.
Side Hinged Door Specification
- Choice of 65mm (standard) or 50mm (optional) Plastisol Frame
- 4 brass effect anti-drop anchored dog bolt hinges per side
- Pair of white polyester painted stays
- Two monkey tail shoot bolts (inactive leaf)
- Draft strip to all 3 sides + bottom brush strip
- Outward opening, right hand leading leaf viewed from outside
- Brass effect nightlatch with white lock body, single point latching
- Eurocylinder nightlatch with double throw deadbolt and 3 point latching
- Luxury white G.R.P wipe clean flo coated smooth panel finish to rear of each door leaf
All of the woodgrain designs available are shown below:
All of the designs are generally available from widths between 6'6" (1980mm) and 8'0" (2438mm) wide and 6'1" (2005mm) to 7'0" (2134mm) high.
This is a classic 50/50 split shown on the Frensham GRP design (shown left). This door design was created to simulate the most traditional of vertically boarded timber doors with a raised border profile. This is a 2/3 1/3 split shown here on the Majestic design (shown centre). Several designs are also available in a gloss white smooth GRP finish such as the Edwardian (shown right). Again this design of door allows for a 1/3rd and 2/3rd split in the door panels.
Please note black windows are ornamental and can not be seen through as standard.
View the complete range in our catalogue >
More about Wessex GRP side hinged doors >