Hormann Up & Over European Garage Door Range
The Hormann European range of N80 and DF98 metric sized steel up and over garage doors really defines what Hormann have always offered for the last 75 years - 'Quality without Compromise'
This unique range of steel and timber one piece up and over garage doors offer a vast range of styles and an enormous range of standard and made to order sizes all of the highest construction quality.
The European N80 and DF98 range offers sizes up to 5000mm wide and also 2750mm in height on most models. The UK series 2000 Hormann range of doors in steel and timber only caters for doors up to 4267mm wide and also only standard heights.
What Do I Get For My Money?
The entire range are fully retractable doors as standard and are only ever supplied with a box section galvanised steel sub frame for fixing. The door panel chassis is constructed from galvanised steel box sections welded at the corners with reinforcement struts visible internally. Unlike the Garador range of doors where the corners are button locked these doors offer the ultimate in strength and durability which then gives real security benefits against attempted forced entry.
High quality nylon rollers and over sized tracks combined with multiple springs either side give a very smooth, precise operation with 2 point locking using self engaging adjustable rotary catches (3 point locking available as an upgrade). The 'Design door range' styles are supplied without a handle or locking and this function os performed by the remote control electric operator, ordered separately.
All N80 and DF98 garage doors are ready to be fitted with any of the superb Hormann range of high quality electric boom operators specified dependant upon the size and usage of the door.
Glazing options are available on most of the door designs in steel and timber in a variety of sizes and designs.
The TOP range of entrance doors from Hormann have several designs that have been matched exactly to the timber designer doors in the N80 range.
The N80 and DF98 range of garage doors has more special options than any other range available and these include:
- Any RAL colour paint finish as well as anthracite CH703 option
- Range of standard RAL colours to choose from - 15 in total
- Silk-matt surface colour finish for timber doors. 3 layer paint coat in 6 standard colours
- Retrofit fascia panels for covering damaged brickwork edges in colours to match the door panel and frame
- Ventilation grilles for style 914 only
- Retrofit insulation boards (N80 only) for on site installation giving excellent insulation to the door panel
- Hormatherm insulation polystyrene boards with plaster surface- factory fitted for certain styles only
- DammTec sound absorbing coating for steel doors reducing the noise of the door panel in operation to a minimum
- Bottom rubber seal (N80 only)
- Wicket door insets for certain designs offering pedestrian access without opening the whole door
- All the Hormann N80 and DF98 garage doors are manufactured in Germany so you can never have one straight from stock but if you require a garage door made with just that little bit more attention to detail and you don't mind waiting then this range is well worth a look at.
Metric Steel Range
The galvanized steel door leaves are protected against corrosion and the adverse effects of the environment right into the cut edges. Garage doors and side doors are available as standard in competitively-priced Traffic White and in 15 equally-priced preferred colours as well as around 200 colours from the RAL colour chart.
Metric Timber Range
All the styles (except style 936 basic) are supplied as standard with an exclusive surface-mounted wood cladding on the door leaf and frame. On request, the steel sub frame can also be supplied without wood cladding.
Softline design because it looks so much better! That’s why all the timber boards (120 x 14 mm) are rounded. And that lends the various timber designs their appealing aesthetics (not the design 936 basic).
With Matching Entrance Doors
The Designer Range constructed entirely from timber with a range of matching aluminium front entrance doors to achieve that accurate complete look with an intimate level of attention to detail.
The highest level of quality is put into the finishing of these garage doors and entrance doors as well as the operating mechanism to ensure the very smoothest mechanics and locking.
The garage door leaves comprise a highly rigid multi-layer timber infill which is finished with a triple silky matt coating in Pure White producing a superb surface finish of the highest qulaity.
With Hörmann the frame surround is already primed witha white polyester powder-coating. There is a slight difference in colour and degree of lustre between the garage doors and the entrance doors on account of the different materials used.
The very special TOP range of entrance doors from Hormann have several designs that have been matched exactly to the timber 'designer' doors in the N80 range.
If up until now the front entrance door was your home’s sole “visiting card” you can now afford your garage door the very same status and co ordinate colours and designs with your home.
Be inspired by the beautiful, bold designs and the hundreds of options available to you.
Download the European Metric Door range brochure >