All current jobs and career opportunities with The Garage Door Centre and associated companies can be found below.
Position: Head of Group Sales
For: Dove Group
Start: Spring 2016
Responsible for: Sales across the Dove Group and related responsibilities
Location: Meadow court, Ise Valley Trading Estate, Finedon Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 4BH
Hours: Full time based on 40 hours, flexible, Saturdays may be required; overseas travel also required on occasion.
Aim: To ensure the successful running of sales departments in 3 companies, from lead to fulfilment of sale. The position requires strong management skills and confident and enthusiastic leadership to provide a figurehead that will lead the way to continued and improved success through sales for the Dove Group.
- Obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration and survey teams, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Manage the sales teams, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout the UK.
- Assist in the development of the marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of the sales, survey and sales admin forces. Plan and implement an appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales, survey and admin teams, working with individual & team sales and commission targets.
- Work with our suppliers to maintain and improve profits, maintain a good relationship and pass knowledge regarding pricing, training and product knowledge, on to relevant staff.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and potentially electronic bulletins.
Liaison with: All other departments, specifically the team for sales, surveyors, contract coordinators, suppliers, procurement, head of Finance, all directors, website management, Marketing, I.T.
Skills:Previous management experience in a sales environment, of a similar product, is essential. The successful candidate will be confident, professional, self-motivated as well as a team player and well presented. Their motivation and professionalism will be spread across the team and into other divisions. They will also be efficient and dedicated. There needs to be a proven track record. References will be sought and followed up.
This person needs to bring capable management to the group of companies and bring elements of change whilst remaining open minded and flexible in their approach as this is a family firm, which has grown over the last 30 years and carries all the expected traits.
Salary: Basic remuneration, vehicle and bonus package to be discussed.
If you are interested in this position please contact email@example.com or write to The Garage Door Centre limited registered office address to Mrs Alice Dove enclosing your current c.v; explaining in a covering email, or letter why you think you are suitable for this role.
Position: Installation Engineer / Lead Installation Engineer
For: The Dove Group
Start: Spring 2016
Location: 29-31 Stewarts Road, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 4BH
Hours: Full time based on 40 hours. You may be required to work overtime when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business.
Responsible for: Installation, repair and maintenance of a wide range of products including sectional and roller doors (both domestic and industrial), steel door sets and entrance doors, sun shading products, canopies and glass rooms.
Reporting to: Installations Manager
Liason with: Contracts Manager, Operations Manager, Other Installation Engineers, Surveyors, Warehouse staff.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- previous experience of installing and maintaining some or all of the following products is essential:
Sectional and Roller Doors, both domestic and industrial, steel door sets and entrance doors, sun shading products, canopies, glass rooms.
- a professional attitude, self-motivated as well as a team player and well presented.
- the ability to install, finish and trim to a high standard of customer satisfaction
- willingness to undertake any work given, including assist in other departments as required.
- willingness to work the required hours, remain punctual and be presentable at all times
- a valid UK driving license is essential
- a valid passport, CSCS card, PASMA certificate and IPAF certificate would be an advantage
Additional training will be given as necessary.
Salary: Dependant on experience
If you are interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Dove Group registered office address to Mrs Rachel Stallard enclosing your current CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role.