All current jobs and career opportunities with The Garage Door Centre and associated companies can be found below.
Title: Contracts Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30k – £35k depending on experience
Required education/ experience:High school or equivalent, provide evidence of recent installations. Experience in the automated gate industry
Additional qualifications: Any door related certification
Required licence or certification: Full clean driving license, CSCS Card
Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well-establishedbusinessin the automated gate industry. As contracts coordinator you will be responsible for maximising profit and efficiency across the company. You will be required to oversee new and existing installations from first enquiry to final sign off. Sourcing raw materials and liaising with other staff members to allocate resources where required.
Hours and location: Full time, 40 hours a week. You will be required to be flexible and work overtime necessitated by the needs of the business. Annual leave is 20 paid days per year, plus public holidays. Work is based at Stewarts Road, Wellingborough, NN8 4RJ, England.
Remuneration: Salary will be dependent on experience and will be discussed at interview. Wages will be paid monthly on or before the 27th of each working month. If you are authorised to work in excess of 40 hours per week you will be paid at time and a quarter for the first four hours per week and time and a half for any additional hours. There will be an initial probationary period of three months. You will receive any extra training according to requirements.
Responsible to: Brian Dove Company Director
Relationship with: Company Director, Installation Engineers, Surveyors, Warehouse staff, Sales Staff, Suppliers, Customers
Main Tasks of the job:
- Customer service administration
- Coordinate with others staff members to maximise project efficiencies.
- Provide technical support to both sales staff and customers
- Fault finding as required
- Liaise and coordinate with all AGD staff members
- Remain flexible on hours to meet customer needs and expectations
- Source raw materials
- IT Literate, Outlook Excel, Word, CRM
- Full clean UK driving Licence
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation. All conditions relating to your employment are shown in the Employee Handbook which will be made available to you when you start.
If you are interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to The Dove Group registered office address to Brian Dove enclosing your current CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this role.
Title: Procurement Clerk
Company: Samson Industrial Doors Limited
Aim: Increase the company’s efficiency and successfully order all goods needed for the company, both for retail and warranty use.
Hours and location: Full time 40 hours a week. Annual leave 20 days per year, plus bank holidays. Based in the office/showroom at Meadow Close, NN8 4BH. Part time is also an option.
Salary: To be discussed on application.
Responsible to: Contracts Manager
Relationship with: Sales Team, Sales Admin, Accounts, Operations, Head of Sales, Technical and Surveying
Main Tasks of the job:
- Place orders for all major sales of the products for Samson Doors and Samson Awnings
- Must be IT literate, for Office, Sage, CRM, Outlook and be able to learn to work with various bespoke online ordering systems.
- Ability to communicate with all other staff, suppliers, customers and our foreign contacts at all levels
- Good mathematical ability
- Possess self-motivation; be well organised, adaptable and resilient.
- Be punctual and well presented
- Respond to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required to broaden this skill set as required, for the benefit of the company as a whole and do other tasks intermittently.
If you believe you are right for this role or wish to discuss it please contact June Dove on email@example.com
stating why you believe you can do this job; attaching a current C.V.
Job Title: Senior Sales Consultant
Date posted: July 2016
Company: Dove Group
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within the UKs leading supplier of doors to the domestic and commercial market. The position as a senior sales consultant offers excellent potential earnings as well as career progression within a dynamic and progressive company.
Your role would be to increase the company's market share through both pro-active and reactive selling and effective follow up procedures.
Experience of domestic/commercial garage and entrance door market would be a definite advantage.
Hours and location: Full time, 40 hours a week. Annual leave of 20 days per year, plus bank holidays. Working one in three Saturdays for which a day can be taken off in lieu during the following week. Based in the office/showroom at NN8 4BH.
Salary: Excellent Basic yet negotiable. Achievable OTE - £42,000
Bonus: Calculated to provide a reward for monthly and quarterly achievement of target, plus an unlimited earning of profit over target.
Responsible to: Head of Sales
Relationship with: Surveyors, Installers, Sales Team, Sales Administrator, Receptionists, Procurement & Marketing.
Main tasks of job:
- Successfully negotiate profitable sales of supply only, or supply & installation of garage doors, entrance doors, glass verandas, awnings, fixed terrace covers, industrial roller doors and related products
- Follow up enquiries, quotes and surveys by email, telephone and other means of communication whilst maintaining correct records.
- Take on new and manage existing accounts with professionalism, enabling increased profitable sales.
- Liaise with other staff across the Dove Group to keep customers happy and increase sales.
- Take part in sales and marketing meetings and discussions, offering positive contributions
- Remain flexible on hours to fulfil the role of achieving and over-achieving target whilst keeping customers happy.
- Accurately assess the cost of goods, installation and any other expense required to be able to build in the right amount of profit for each sale.
- Use computer and numeric literacy, for emails, tablets, quotations, calendar, CRM
- Occasionally survey as needed. Full driving licence required.
- Specify the product correctly for procurement.
If you are interested please contact Alex Persaud by email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V and why you believe you are suitable for this role.
Job Title: Surveyor
Hours: Based on a 40 hour week, flexible Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday between 8.30am and 5.30pm
Package: Basic salary to be discussed on application. Company vehicle, mobile phone and iPad, plus commission based on successful sales, surveyed by you - profit less any self-initiated snagging, to be paid monthly.
Main Purpose of Job: To survey, when required, products being sold by The Garage Door Centre Limited and Samson Industrial Doors Limited which includes Samson Awnings as a trading name, or any member of the Dove Group of Companies, then specify the correct product and equipment required. The completed survey form and information is passed on to the sales team.
Responsible to: Head of Sales
Responsible for: Prepare a full survey of the existing opening or an area of building where the relevant product will be installed, to allow for and catalogue intrusive objects such as meters, doors, joists, beams, cracks and any other impediment. This requires precises measurement, accurate documentation, mathematics ability, some IT knowledge and a full catalogue of accurate photographs. Your diary will be filled on your behalf. Specify for the correct product when required.
Liason with: Sales people, receptionists and administrators, prospective customers, installation department.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Measure and specify correctly as required
- Take photographs of all relevant areas and pass back to the sales team via Dropbox
- Previous experience of surveying or installations required
- Present an excellent from image to prospective customers on behalf of the Dove Group of companies, showing politeness, punctuality, smart dress, and a clean cut, professional image; this applies to both you and your vehicle.
- Maintain your files, images, survey forms and all equipment to a high standard.
- Return your surveys within 24 hours of carrying them out
- Should you be held up due to circumstances beyond your control, immediately contact your administrator and the customer to inform them and re-arrange accordingly.
- Assist in the sales when there is not a survey booked for you.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different task as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation. The overall business objectives of the organisation are to maintain a competitive and professional presence in the market. Your employee handbook also applies. To apply please email Alice Dove: email@example.com stating why you believe you will be suitable for this role and attaching your c.v.
Position: Installation Engineer / Lead Installation Engineer
For: The Dove Group
Location: 29-31 Stewarts Road, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 4BH
Hours: Full time based on 40 hours. You may be required to work overtime when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business.
Responsible for: Installation, repair and maintenance of a wide range of products including sectional and roller doors (both domestic and industrial), steel door sets and entrance doors, sun shading products, canopies and glass rooms.
Reporting to: Installations Manager
Liason with: Contracts Manager, Operations Manager, Other Installation Engineers, Surveyors, Warehouse staff.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- previous experience of installing and maintaining some or all of the following products is essential:
Sectional and Roller Doors, both domestic and industrial, steel door sets and entrance doors, sun shading products, canopies, glass rooms.
- a professional attitude, self-motivated as well as a team player and well presented.
- the ability to install, finish and trim to a high standard of customer satisfaction
- willingness to undertake any work given, including assist in other departments as required.
- willingness to work the required hours, remain punctual and be presentable at all times
- a valid UK driving license is essential
- a valid passport, CSCS card, PASMA certificate and IPAF certificate would be an advantage
Additional training will be given as necessary.
Salary: Dependant on experience
If you are interested in this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Dove Group registered office address to Mrs Rachel Stallard enclosing your current CV and a covering letter.